Georgia Day Of Code / Dec 4, 2023
Georgia Day of Code Partners Present A Day Coding Excitement
Georgia Day of Code was created several years ago to increase the number of Georgia students, educators, and workers who interact with coding: a vital 21st-century workforce skill. Georgia Day of Code occurs every year in the first week of December during national Computer Science Week. 2022 was another great year of participation in varying grade levels in addition to promoting coding resources from our sponsors.
9:00-9:10 / Welcome, Larry Williams, President and CEO, TAG and TAG-Ed
9:10-9:20 / Proclamation presentation, Governors Office
9:20-9:30 / Georgia’s Computer Science Vision, Keith Osborn, CIO, Georgia Dept. of Education
9:30-10:15 / Coding with CEISMC and Constellations, Bryan Cox, Bryan Cox, Research Associate, Constellations
• Kahoot / • Ask AI / • AI in the classroom
10:15 – 10:25 / Mission of Day and Hour of Code, Codeye Woody, Director of State Government Affairs, Code.org
10:25 – 10:40 / Coding Resources / Lavita Williams, CS Program Lead, Georgia Dept. of Education
10:40 – 11:40 / Hour of Code with Code.org and CEISMC
• Alba C. Gutierrez, Program Director / CEISMC / Georgia Tech
11:40 / Closing from Heather Maxfield, Executive Director, TAG-Ed
Please arrive into the Zoom within 15 minutes of your time of presentation. You should have a personalized Zoom Link to enter into the webinar. We are pushing the webinar to YouTube so most of the viewing will occur there during the webinar and throughout the week as a resource to our teachers.
Special thanks to our sponsors.
2022 Georgia Day Of Code Review
TAG-Ed is very grateful for the exceptional participation during the 2022 Day of Code event across Georgia. As we prepare for this Decembers event, we take stock of the participants and their general locations in our state.
Total Districts- 58+ School Districts
17 Rural Counties
41% Rural Participation
59% Metro Participation
- MakeCode Homepage: https://www.makecode.com
- Arcade Homepage: https://arcade.microsoft.com
- Micro:bit Homepage: https://makecode.microbit.org/
Arcade Curriculum Resources
- AP Computer Science Principles: https://makecode.com/csp
- Introduction to Computer Science with MakeCode for Minecraft: https://minecraft.makecode.com/courses/csintro
- Intro to CS with Microbit: http://aka.ms/intro2csmicrobit
- Maker Courses with Adafruit Circuit Playground Express: https://makecode.adafruit.com/courses/maker