The TAG Education Collaborative (TAG-Ed) presents our Pathways to Leadership (P2L) program, a means for providing participants the best leadership development practices to become successful in challenging environments. We will lead the future of technology by creating and developing new technology leaders.
Various valuable sessions are included in the program, allowing candidates with 3 to 10 years of leadership experience, and 1 to 2 years of management to gain knowledge and guidance through their professional development.
P2L provides a unique opportunity for ambitious young professionals to learn directly from industry experts and executives. For these future C-Suite professionals and TAG leaders, this program doubles as a valuable learning experience and a diverse networking opportunity. The graduating class of 2022 will have the necessary skills to not only succeed but thrive in their careers. The P2L program will be a resume builder and a professional branding opportunity upon the candidate’s completion of the program and the Zoo Atlanta community project.
Have the opportunity to work with Zoo Atlanta
The inaugural cohort will collaboratively create, build, and invent new solutions to solve challenges utilizing the cohort’s skills in CX, data analytics, strategy, and more! Together, the cohort will leverage their expertise to demonstrate what’s possible when we all work together to strengthen our society and our lives. As part of the inaugural cohort, YOU will make a difference by working on challenges throughout this year-long Hackathon.
Through attending these sessions, participants who are starting their career will receive tailored advice from industry expert instructors and commentary from executive team leaders. Some of the issues which will be discussed include creative problem-solving, strategic agility, conflict management, navigating change, etc. Participants will also be given the opportunity to work with the Atlanta Zoo, who has partnered with Pathways to Leadership.
Open discussion style sessions will take place one Tuesday a month, from 4-6pm. Executive team leaders include Jeffrey Buzzelli, Senior VP of Comcast Business, Kyle Tothill, Co-Founder & Managing Director of eHire, Phyllis NewHouse, CEO of Xtreme Solutions Inc. and Founder of Athena Technology Corp., and many other talented and experienced individuals as well.
Please nominate an individual who demonstrates a desire to connect with the Georgia Business community, and to strengthen his/her career growth path. The nominee if selected will gain experiences, knowledge, relationships, and outcomes that will create value for themselves, their organization, and the state of Georgia.
They will be part of a Inaugural Member Cohort that is a diverse and inclusive class and represents different backgrounds in Georgia, including various industries, cultures, ages, and experiences. This will result in personal and professional growth for all involved.
- Virtual with quarterly, in person meetings
- Requires 5 hours of commitment each month
- P2L can be combined with corporate mentoring programs
- Biweekly optional leadership Zoom meetings
Apply for Class of 2021-2022
Inaugural Member Cohort members for the twelve-month program are chosen based on their nomination by an executive within their organization or community. Nominations are accepted from community organizations, businesses, and in the future – PTL alumni. Interested individuals may also self-nominate. Cohort Classes are supplemented with small group conversations and projects to encourage relationship building, experiences and outcomes.
Heather Maxfield / Executive Director, TAG Education Collaborative (TAG-Ed)
Program Overview 2021-2022
Orientation | September 21, 2021
Introduction to the program and its participants
Personal Leadership | October – December, 2021
- Understanding how to communicate key messages and take ownership of language
- Identifying core strengths and weaknesses, and defining personal visions and aspirations
- Understanding what gives you energy, and creating habits around energy enablers.
- Engaging yourself with the right network and pushing yourself to continue to learn
- Building self-awareness and understanding incentives
Communicating and Finding Purpose | October 19, 2021
Energizing and Being Present | November 16, 2021
Contextual Framing | December 14, 2021
Top Team Alignment | January – March, 2022
- Engaging all relevant stakeholders (project sponsors, coordinators, and governance committees).
- Managing priorities and time allocations of resources to lead effective and action-oriented meetings.
- Providing constructive feedback , coaching, leading through influence, and adapting leadership styles
- Build effective teams by providing objectives and clarifying objectives and consequences.
Managing Projects and Meetings | January 18, 2022
Developing and Leading Individuals | February 15, 2022
Leading Teams | March 15, 2022
Execution at Scale | April – July, 2022
- Understanding the future of your industry
- Building capabilities, problem solving, making good decisions, and executing with excellence
- Communicating for impact by managing consistent messaging across the organization
- Unlocking the potential of diversity
- Framing through the eyes of leadership and empowering your colleagues
- Building an agile organization by developing a performance model and driving continuous innovation and improvement
- Leading change programs effectively and developing a compelling change story
Communication at Scale | April 19, 2022
General Management | May 17, 2022
Shaping the Organization | June 21, 2022
Managing Change | July 19, 2022
Annual Leadership Conference
Topics will be aligned with the P2L content and will relate to their projects (internal or external).
Building Organizational Capabilities | September 20, 2021